Why so many depressed? Why are a lot of people suffering through depression? And How to deal with depression?
Let’s try to figure it out.
I’m no expert or professional, tips I’m giving are based on my personal opinions based on my experiences.
Hello Everyone! Depression. I’m sure, you’ve heard a lot about it in recent times. Well, it’s not like depression suddenly came out few years ago. It’s just that people have became brave enough to share about it with the world.
A lot of people like Actors, Influencers, YouTubers, etc are talking about depression.
Before we go deeper into this topic ,let’s start from the basics. Let’s see what is actually depression.
What Is Depression?
Depression is a Mental Health Disease which causes patient to experience consistent depressed and stressed mood. This leads to lack of interest in daily life activities. Also affects badly on physical health.
In India, around 10 Million per year cases of Depression are found. It is observed commonly From Age 6 – 60+ Years.
As we can see, 10 Million cases just in India then how large the numbers will be after considering other countries.
So Why so many people are depressed?
Why So Many Depressed ?
Nowadays, Age group of 13-18 suffers mostly due to Depression. Numbers are increasing day by day. Due to this number of suicide cases also has been increased in recent years.
Let’s look at some of the key reasons of why so many depressed?
- Relationship Issues : Recently, I did a QnA session on my Instagram & found out that almost 90% of people had depression due to relationship issues. Relationship is the most common reason why many people at young age are going through depression. Current generation is going through major relationship issues like Breakups, Cheating, Betrayals. Teenagers get into relationships without understanding the seriousness of a relationship and when it doesn’t work out they suffer a lot. Further this leads to serious mental health problems like Depression.
- Social Media : Social media has become a very important part of our lives, especially for teenagers. Number of Followers, Likes, Comments have become factor to decide your coolness. So what Social media does is, it makes you feel insecure. We tend to compare our lives with what we see about others life on social media. This results in Self doubt, Low Self Worth, Low Self confidence, Insecurities and further it might lead to serious issues like Anxiety, Depression,etc.
- Trauma : Trauma can be caused my various reasons. Like Childhood trauma caused due to Major loss in childhood, Abuse(Physical/Mental), Harassment,etc. Also traumas experienced later in life due to family issues, relationships, failures,career pressure,etc. These kind of trauma affect on mental health very badly and stays long time with a person. In this way, trauma can lead to serious mental health issues like Depression, Anxiety, Suicidal thoughts.
Also read : Why So Insecure ?
There are many reasons which can lead to depression. Above three are among the most common causes.
Now, the important question is how to deal with depression.
How To Deal With Depression ?
- Choose Relationships Wisely – Prevention is better than cure. This is the step to prevent depression before it appears. As we saw Relationship issues is the most common reason for depression. So we need to choose relationships wisely. One shouldn’t fall in love without knowing the person very well. Because later you might come across very different and harmful side of that person. This can lead to serious relationship issues. Hence, always choose relationships wisely. Or better I’ll say try to avoid getting into serious relationships at young age.
- Talk It Out : When you are going through depression, you must talk it out. At such phase if you don’t share what you’re going through then you will suffer even more. You start overthinking and make that situation even worse. But when you talk to someone who is close to you, you will get a support. That closed one will always listen to you patiently and also help you. So always talk it out and let all those feelings out.
- Make Yourself Proud : Depression results in high Self Doubt and low Self Worth. Here, you need to increase the self worth by making yourself proud. This can be done by setting small goals for yourself and achieving them step by step. These goals doesn’t need to be very big. Set tiny daily-goals for your growth and keep working on them consistently.
- Seek Professional Help : Yes, you need to consult a professional to help you get away with depression. It is a very serious mental health disease so it must be cured with the help of professional. Do not hesitate or feel scared to see a Therapist. First talk about your problem with a family member or a closed one then you can opt for professional help.
Once again, I’m not any expert or a professional to advice on depression. But I still tried to write down my thoughts on such a sensitive topic.
Keep working on yourself daily , be grateful for what you have in your life, and Make progress each and every day consistently.
If you are suffering with depression , I urge you to take the first step towards getting out of depression. I know it is always easier said than done but I know that you can do it.
Thank you for reading!
Hello , If anyone wants someone to talk to or wants to suggest me topics to write on then feel free to reach out.
You can contact me here.
© 2019 Accidental Blogger All Rights Reserved